AM General LLC, headquartered in South Bend, Ind., with major facilities in nearby Mishawaka, Ind., Livonia, Mich., Franklin, Ohio, and offices in Arlington, Va., designs, engineers, manufactures, supplies and supports specialized vehicles for military and commercial customers worldwide.
Through its Military business, the company is recognized as a world leader in the design, engineering, manufacturing and support of Light Tactical Vehicles, having produced and sustained more than 300,000 vehicles in over 60 countries.
AM General’s growing Commercial business includes three wholly owned subsidiaries: diesel engine manufacturer General Engine Products, automatic transmission manufacturer General Transmission Products, and Mobility Ventures, designer and manufacturer of the acclaimed MV-1, the only American made vehicle specifically engineered from the ground up in support of wheelchair users and people with disabilities. AM General is also proud to have been selected by Mercedes-Benz to be its only contract manufacturer in the United States, producing the R-Class vehicle in Mishawaka, Ind.
AM General has more than six decades of experience meeting the changing needs of the defense and automotive industries, supported by its employees in Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio, and a strong supplier base that stretches across 43 states.
- Update vendor information including business classification, congressional district and place of performance.
- Track NAICS codes and parts specific information.
- Update Ts and Cs as necessary
- Clean up the contract files in order to implement Ariba.
- Provide support to Supply Chain Management buyers as they pursue cost reduction initiatives (i.e. conduct market research)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Engineer student going into their Junior or Senior year studying Supply Chain, Business or Logistics from an accredited school.
- Strong problem solving, data analysis, and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Task- oriented, able to work independently and self-starting.
Light physical effort- intermittent sitting, standing, walking, no major physical strain
Position is both in an office and manufacturing facility. You could be exposed to moderate level noises, fumes, dust, heat and dirt. This position also requires one to work both alone and as a team.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.