Impresa Aerospace has been a premium supplier to the aerospace industry for more than 50 years with a customer base consisting of OEM and Tier 1 manufacturers serving the commercial and military aviation industries. We are always looking to add new talent to our workforce and invite you to bring your talents and ambition to our team!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life/ADD/LTD and Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- 8 paid holidays and paid time off
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer/Technician to join our team of outstanding employees!
Develops, evaluates and improves Chemical Processing and Painting manufacturing and processing methods, workflow, throughput, space utilization and product quality based on knowledge of product design, materials, parts, capabilities, and quality assurance standards. This position develops Processing SOPs, work instructions, process flows in support of Customer, ISO/AS and NADCAP audit certifications and constructs the systems, processes and training required to achieve and maintain qualifications.
Ideally this position also is capable of assisting Quality Manager with investigating problems with products and process, including internal rejections, supplier rejections, and customer rejections. This includes collecting, analyzing, and reporting relevant quality metrics to the organization, customers, and suppliers. This position works cooperatively with teammates from inspection, manufacturing engineering, project engineering, and supply chain to improve processes with the goal of preventing defects from occurring
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate new Chemical Processing and Painting processes and improve current capability, efficiency, and overall productivity in all areas of manufacturing
- Implement new Chemical Processing Line and Painting Enclosure for treatment of sheet metal manufacturing processes as required to meet production demand
- Interface with colleagues, customers, vendors and others to understand requirements, assess feasibility of new/existing products, and improve production techniques
- Analyze technology trends; and plans and executes capital projects
- Clearly communicate data and feedback to other departments to optimize decision making.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing techniques to develop efficient manufacturing processes
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions; update quality documents such as the Control Plan, PFMEA, and Inspection Instructions, as required
- Investigate quality issues in the manufacturing work centers to determine root cause and corrective actions of non-conforming product and processes; lead team training in Quality analysis tools
- Schedule and coordinate external audit (NADCAP, Customer, etc.) activities; prepare and submit pre-audit documentation to external auditors, as required
- Perform internal audits to ensure compliance with internal procedures and contractual requirements; and perform gap analysis between internal procedures and Customer and/or Industry specifications to ensure compliance to requirements, and recommend changes; issue and manage CARs as necessary
- Ensure that all documents, where appropriate, have a current associated audit checklist
- Administer the documentation system for initiating an audit, for closing an audit and for notifying the process owners of the results of an audit
- Train other employees in the requirements of the company’s Quality System Processing requirements and act as a resource for relevant training (i.e., procedures, customer requirements, NADCAP and ISO/AS requirements)
- Oher duties as assigned or required by the position
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical and statistical concepts
- Experience with Epicor ERP and Catia
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated success in Project Management
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum 3+ related experience in a manufacturing environment
Impresa Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
Phone: (310) 354-1200
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English