To provide Fire Alarm expertise to the team and to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review contract and field drawings to ensure they meet code and job specification requirements.
- Work with multiple contractors and trades for coordination of installation
- Install new fire alarm systems (wire panels, use computer software to write programs, and troubleshoot any issues)
- Test to verify system is installed and programmed per code and job specification requirements
- Provide proper testing documentation and field modified as-built drawings to be used in turnover documentation
- Turn in service and inspection paperwork in a neat and timely fashion
- Provide the customer with quality work and customer service
- Maintain NICET certifications
- Cover on-call hours for servicing customers, including nights and weekends on a rotating basis
- Microsoft Office programs, ZEUS, MS-DOS
- Familiarity with Siemens systems, EST, etc.
- Good mathematical aptitude, along with good oral, written and technical communication skills
- Valid state driver’s license
- Travel between customer sites daily
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- NICET Level II and above certification
- Basic electrical and/or electronics training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Depending on the customer site, noise level could be quiet (as in a library or public office) or moderate (as in a business office with computers and light traffic)
- Ability to withstand heights and climb ladders comfortably
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.