The Lead Software Engineer will support the software development of OEM transmissions in petroleum, on-highway, military, and OEM applications. The incumbent will take on a lead role, travelling globally to meet with customers and understand their requirements for transmissions software and controls.
- Determine functional requirements from customer needs.
- Lead and work with software engineering teams across the globe to develop transmissions applications software.
- Handle work including integration with internal and third party engines, shifter pads, instrument displays, telematics, and body controllers.
- Become involved in all aspects of testing including bench, HIL, and in-vehicle testing.
- Perform software programming and development tasks using tools such as C programming language and MATLAB.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical/ag/electrical engineering.
- Significant engineering experience (preferably in a multi-team leadership role).
- Experience working with OEMs and OEM products.
- Experience with New Product Development.
- Hands-on experience with vehicle transmission systems including ag/automotive/heavy-duty.
- Experience using C programming and MATLAB.
- J1939 or equivalent data link experience.
- Experience with Vector development tools (CANape/CANalyzer).
- Experience with J1939.
- Transmissions software and/or applications experience.