Discovery Senior Living, a national award-winning developer, owner, and operator of senior living communities is currently searching for an exceptional team member to join our team at our community called Rittenhouse Village at Northside. Ranked as one of the top 20 largest senior living providers in the United States and the top 5 for growth in the world, Discovery is redefining senior living through innovation, leadership, and design. As a result the company currently has a flourishing portfolio of more than 6,500 homes with plans for continued growth.
This position is responsible for program development and implementation within the Memory Care Program. Responsible for providing physical and emotional support to each Memory Care resident while maintaining a safe and comfortable home like environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Designs, schedules and facilitates Memory Care program incorporating Life Skills and a variety of dementia appropriate activities.
- Partners with the Recreation and Events Coordinator to ensure a variety of appropriate activities are available throughout the day and evening and that Care Managers are actively involved and engaged with activities.
- Partnering with the Activities Director in compiling, coordinating and executing a comprehensive and varied program of activities to meet the broad spectrum of interests and capabilities of Memory Care residents
- Providing ongoing in-service education to the Memory Care staff that is relative to the disease processes and population being served
- Partners with Health Care Coordinator to ensure that the residents’ clinical needs are addressed.
- Prior to move-in, reviews the resident’s preferences and needs educating Care Managers of same.
- Facilitates the Service Plan and Daily Assignment Sheet development to ensure excellence in service delivery, safety, hydration and resident engagement in programming.
- Acts as the community champion in Memory Care programming and activities.
- Partners with dining services to ensure meeting individualized resident needs and preferences; participates in dining experience.
- Understands resident changes in condition and takes appropriate action.
- Reviews Daily Log to document and lean about pertinent information and any resident’s physical and behavioral changes.
- Establishes a cooperative relationship with the local Alzheimer’s Association chapter or other Alzheimer’s advisory organization.
- Developing specific programming and approach mechanisms that are tailored to meet the needs of residents with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease or Dementia.
- Serves as the family liaison for the resident of the Memory Care Program.
- Ensures monthly family support group meetings are planned and facilitated.
- Attending seminars, professional conferences, and other educational sessions to stay current with new research and ideas. Maintaining any applicable certifications for position and/or state requirements
- Responsible for maintaining the operations of the program within state regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance
- Strives for excellent quality care and service delivery.
- Develops and implements appropriate plans of action to correct identified deficiencies and other regulatory compliance.
- Develops a thorough working knowledge of current and evolving state laws, regulations, policies and procedures dictated for residents and ensures compliance.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities of the Care Managers working within the Memory Care Program in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- One (1) year management in dementia care required.
- One (1) year supervisory and management experience including hiring staff, coaching, performance management, daily operations supervision, discipline and counseling required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Language Ability:
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills:
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows, including Word and Excel. Ability to use email and the Internet. Ability to use client tracking and design software.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to delegate assignments.
- Competent in organizational and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- Works primarily indoors in a climate controlled setting
- Possible exposure to unpleasant odors
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual
- Continuous exposure to clients and/or family members who may be under stress.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand and walk. The Team Member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds independently and up to 200 pounds with assistance of a second employee. Must be able to push up to 350 lb. (wheelchair). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Thank you for your interest in employment with Discovery Senior Living. We are an equal opportunity employer and give employment and promotional consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class as defined by local, state, or federal law. We seek applicants for employment who are qualified, dedicated, hardworking, and who seek fulfilling employment. In return, Discovery Senior Living offers competitive income, benefits and an excellent working environment.
If you are selected for employment with Discovery Senior Living, you will also be hired simultaneously by Aureon HR, as you co-employer. Discovery Senior Living is your employer for the purposes of managing the day-to-day operations of the company and the employees. This includes responsibility for the worksite, scheduling of work, safety, and the direction of the individual team members in their positions. Aureon HR is the co-employer for managing the administrative portion of employment, such as benefits, payroll, and workers’ compensation insurance.
Applicants are subject to a background check. Employment is conditional based upon the results of the background check.
Applications are active for 30 days, but remain on file for one year.