T E C Industrial has been building a team for more than 60 years, we are a growing Industrial Maintenance and Construction specialty contractor focused on the safety of our employees, integrity of our operations, and the solutions achieved for our customers. Our company is a welcome home for individuals who take pride in their work, who enjoy working on a strong team, and who keep our customer’s needs in mind. T E C Industrial is recognized in the industry as leader in providing comprehensive solution to our customers, and we do it with a strong group of dedicated employees.
We are proud to offer our employees:
- Medical, Dental
- Group Life
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Voluntary Life
- 401k plan with Co. match.
- Supplemental options: Accident plan, Critical Illness plan, Whole life insurance, FSA, etc.
We are a growing organization seeking committed candidates to help us serve our clients. Currently we have an opportunity for a Project Controls Manager.
Project Controls Manager
Lead the project controls activities for a team of project controls professionals for a mid-sized industrial specialty contractor.
- Lead a team of individuals focused on all aspects of project and cost controls support activity spanning a variety of specialty industrial construction projects.
- Compile, analyze, and report project cost and schedule to the project team.
- Possess working experience with Cost Control, Earned Value Management, Budgets, Estimating, Change Management, Planning, Forecasting, Reporting Progress and Performance, and Project Funding.
- Provide support in the management of project budget and cost control functions including budgeting, scheduling, change management, estimating, tracking progress, forecasting, and earned value management
- Thorough understanding of project accounting and accrual collection
- Experience with Sage Timberline Suite of Products
- Develop Work Breakdown Structures
- Excellent computer skills within the Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Provide support to detailed schedule development based on project understanding from team members
- Establish project budget, baselines and report variances
- Provide support to track project progress and perform analysis of bottlenecks, trends and critical path
- Identify and communicate project risks and develop mitigation plans
- Prepare project status presentations, highlighting key accomplishments, risks and changes
- Develop custom projects reports as needed to facilitate project discussions
- Provide additional support as required/needed by the project manager(s) or project controls manager (including field project coordination and management of sub-projects)
- Willingness to travel and visit project sites
- Track project deliverable & monitor physical percent complete (tracking installed quantities)
- Plan / Actual / Earned / Forecast Curves
- Develop and adhere to Project Controls Plan.
- Develop and maintain project cost in (Sage/Timberline) in accordance to control accounts guidelines.
- Provide project cost data and supporting documentation within the projects controls systems of record.
- Develop reports on actuals, variances, trends and re-forecast as necessary.
- Ensures proper Change management throughout the project phases.
- Develop and maintain detailed Cash flow and Commitment flow throughout the project phases.
- Review and validate contractual compliance of project invoices.
- Assist and support project controls specialist and project manager in financial project close-out.
- At the completion of the project, develop and ensure recording of the project’s historical cost information and “lessons learned” for future use.
- Oversight of schedule development and maintenance in Primavera and Microsoft Project according to the WBS Guidelines.
- Develop customized schedule reports as per project needs ( two week look ahead, variance reports, progress reports , milestone reports as needed ).
- Analyzes complex data and then delivers clear, articulate and concise messages in a compelling manner
- Exhibits professionalism by establishing effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Conducts business activities in an honest, forthcoming manner and follow through on commitments
- Manages individual time by building due dates into assignments and then prioritizes work to accomplish more in less time
- Continually seeks new functional knowledge and looks to build technical expertise
- Excels in a team setting by clearly communicating project information and by listening effectively and inviting responses
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and experience in various aspects of project controls, accounting, estimating, planning/scheduling, progress measurement, forecasting/ reporting.
- Certification in Cost Control CCC/CCE or Scheduling (PSP) is an advantage.
- Working Knowledge of Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project.
- Basic experience and understanding of estimating and benchmarking.
- Good interpersonal and collaborating skills.
- Good organization and prioritization skills to execute work accurately and largely self -directed, handle multiple priorities, and analyze reports and trend activities.
- Four-year relevant Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years or more of relevant Cost Control, Planning & Scheduling in Home Office or Field Office experience including experience in training and directing others, OR ten (10) years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Must hold a valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, submit to background check and pre-employment drug screening
- Experienced setting up and monitoring complex project schedules
Physical Profile Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The job requires occasionally remaining on one's feet in an upright position without moving for long periods of time, occasionally moving about on foot for long periods of time, remaining in a seated position for long periods of time, and/or climbing stairs, step-ladders, extension ladders and scaffolding ladders. The job also requires the ability to raise or lower an object of approximately 5-50 pounds from one level to another, the ability to transport an object of up to 50 pounds a distance of up to 10 yards, usually holding it in the hands or arms, or on the shoulder, the ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently and a negligible amount of force constantly so that an object moves away from the force, and/or the ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently and a negligible amount of force constantly so that an object moves toward the force.
Must be capable of operating a standard 1/2 ton pick-up for occasional delivery and pick-up of materials and personnel and hold a valid, unrestricted motor vehicle operator's license issued by the state of residence, and the manual dexterity necessary to operate a standard desktop computer keyboard.
T E C Industrial is a Drug-Free, E-Verify, Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
All positions at T E C Industrial are currently non-union positions.
Phone: 423-224-7071 or 423-247-4141
E-Verify and an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English