ColonialWebb is seeking tech-savvy individuals with AutoCAD and Revit knowledge to join our Virtual Construction Team. Mechanical Designers create sheet metal, plumbing, and piping CAD documents, project coordination drawings, and workshop drawings for commercial construction projects.Typical projects include data centers, high rises, government facilities, universities, secondary schools, and hospitals.
Are you seeking opportunities where your efforts will impact business right away? If so, join our Virtual Construction Team! At ColonialWebb, we are experiencing tremendous growth and are in need of passionate and intelligent people to help us build the best buildings throughout Central- Virginia.
What you will do:
- Detail mechanical systems for commercial construction projects according to plans, specifications, and ColonialWebb fabrication standards.
- Develop clear and complete blueprints, drawings, submittals, and specifications for commercial construction projects.
- Recommend modifications to layouts and drawings that will improve efficiency and reduce project costs.
- Collaborate with Project Management, Construction Management, Fabrication, and Virtual Construction Team regarding any changes to project documents (blueprints, drawings, submittals, specifications, etc.).
What we are looking for:
- Current or previous experience detailing and modifying mechanical system layouts (preferred, not required).
- Mechanical Engineering degree or trade knowledge in plumbing, sheet metal, or HVAC systems along with an understanding of AutoCAD.
- Understanding and ability to work with AutoCAD, Revit, and Navisworks.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, plans, blueprints, submittals, and specifications for commercial sheet metal construction projects.
- Ability to navigate technical documents such as specs, drawings, product data, or other related engineering documents.
- Experience and demonstrated skills working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- High energy level to handle dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced workload.
- Initiative; self-motivated (driven), self-starter.
- Skillful listener, with excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
What we will offer you:
- Excellent pay!
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Personal Leave, Paid Holidays, and Bereavement Leave.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance.
- Life and accidental death insurance.
- Short and Long-Term Disability insurance.
- Employee referral incentives.
- Scholarship program for employees’ children.
- Discounts at major cell phone, computer, and automotive companies.
- And so much more…
Who is ColonialWebb:
ColonialWebb (a Comfort Systems USA company) is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the Mid-South, specializing in Construction, Service, Industrial Refrigeration, and Manufacturing. We provide service to customers ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
We install, maintain and upgrade mechanical systems for America’s best buildings. We can build, service, or retrofit systems for virtually any type of building – from schools and museums to high-rise office buildings and hospitals – even industrial plants that manufacture everything from potato chips to computer chips. We provide customers with engineering, design, construction, manufacturing, maintenance and repair support in the fields of HVAC, Refrigeration, Plumbing, Process Piping, Building Automation and Controls, Electrical, Green Energy Solutions, and Water Treatment Systems.
How to apply:
Apply online at www.ColonialWebb.com/careers. EOE M/W/Disability/Vets
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese