DPSI is currently seeking an experienced Senior Service Technician for our Fremont office! Must be client oriented, technically savvy and an excellent communicator. The Senior Service Tech position requires the ability to supervise and assist with troubleshooting and performing manufacturers and NFPA recommended scheduled maintenance on low-voltage fire alarm control circuits (programming, testing, and repair).
Diversified Protection Systems, Inc. (DPSI) is a recognized leader in providing design, installation, 24/7 service for Special Mission Critical fire protection systems. DPSI’s clientele are industry leaders in defense, finance, entertainment, healthcare and the internet industry.
- State Certified Fire/Life Safety Technician (or willing to obtain certification within 1 yr of employment)
- California Low Voltage Certification a must
- Programming and troubleshooting ability
- Familiar with NFPA requirements and ability to obtain information related to local jurisdiction requirements
- Minimum of four to six years experience
- Must have working knowledge of Fire Detection system types:
- VESDA air sampling (smoke detection)
Additional skills which would be a bonus:
- Working knowledge of various fire suppression systems:
- Clean agent systems: FM-200, Inergen, Novec
- Low-pressure carbon dioxide systems
- Water-based protection systems:
- High-pressure water mist
- Pre-action sprinkler
- Aqueous foam
- Ability to work with all panels from Kidde, Ansul, and some knowledge of Fike and other manufacturers
- Independent troubleshooting skills and ability to perform inspection and repair services
- Able to perform independent on-call services
- Able to listen attentively and communicate, in a clear and precise manner
- Able to find and utilize written material as required to support service efforts
- Able to evaluate systems and make clear and concise repair recommendations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple skills
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in confined and high spaces
- Must work Monday-Friday with mandatory on-call (paid), after-hour and weekends
Paid medical and dental
Opportunity for additional on the job training to enhance individual opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese