Providing innovative heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) solutions to building owners and contractors since 1984, today Havtech is one of the Middle Atlantic’s largest and most experienced commercial HVAC equipment suppliers.
With a focus on innovation, the company works with customers to:
- Improve building comfort
- Increase efficiency
- Reduce total cost of ownership
The company represents many of the most innovative HVAC equipment and building automation system manufacturers serving the technology, healthcare and educational markets. Havtech’s experienced sales engineers, service technicians, training staff and relationships with industry organizations and owners, engineers and contractors have established it as a key partner for any commercial HVAC project.
Havtech is a fast-paced and growing company looking for talented, innovative professionals who want to be part of a future focused team that provides high quality solutions that make sense to its customers and communities, both financially and environmentally. If you are bright, driven, and customer oriented, then you belong at Havtech.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: OFFICE MANAGER
Havtech is currently looking for a positive, professional Office Manager to support company operations by creating and maintaining processes to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The ideal candidate for this position will thrive in a fast paced environment, have experience problem solving technology related issues, and enjoy building relationships both internally and externally.
This position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all front office activities, including the reception area and large purchasing requests. This position is also responsible for directing and coordinating day-to-day office functions/operations and ensuring the maximum utilization of services and equipment. Responsible for facilitating internal office moves and assisting with facilities operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Serves as readily available contact for front office and reception area coverage as a backup to main contact for daily lunch, daily break, and coverage as needed. Coordinates additional backup coverage as necessary.
- Ensures delivery of effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally from front office to maintain professional image.
- Oversees the purchase of all office supplies ensuring that the most cost effective measures and vendors are utilized.
- Manages and coordinates the repair and maintenance of office equipment including copiers, fax machines, scanning stations, etc.
- Handles and coordinates the maintenance and housekeeping of common areas and spaces throughout the office, including kitchenettes, conference and training rooms, hallways, etc., ensuring safety, cleanliness and neatness.
- Manages the purchase, installation and maintenance of various types of hardware, software and technology for the organization. Reviews vendor support contracts and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Provides training and instructions to company employees on usage of new technology, including new hires. Schedules training sessions and creates training materials (presentations, manuals, reference guides, etc.) as needed.
- Maintains office audio/visual equipment and content. Collaborates with vendors for equipment maintenance and troubleshooting as needed.
- Works with selected vendors to provide programming, support and maintenance of company telecommunications systems.
- Coordinates the acquisition of company furniture.
- Assists with and supports various facilities day-to-day operations.
- Collaborates with third party technology vendors on data, network, hardware and software matters, coordinates the resolution of any data, network, hardware or software issues.
- Maintains inventory of company computer equipment (laptops, desktops, monitors, monitor stands, etc.), purchases as needed, tracks distribution and costs. Replaces equipment according to company policies and coordinates proper disposal.
- Designs and implements office policies and procedures as needed, oversees adherence to existing policies and procedures, revising as needed.
- Performs customer service by answering employee requests and questions or referring to the appropriate employee or department as necessary.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
- Participates as needed in special projects and performs additional duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
• Approachable, positive and professional demeanor. Must be able to cope with stress and a face-paced environment, while delivering exceptional customer service to employees at all levels.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills. Must be able to listen and communicate effectively.
• Reliable, flexible and able to handle the challenges of supporting a growing business.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a strong degree of integrity.
• Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize multiple competing demands while paying attention to detail and maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Must be solutions oriented and have the ability to take initiative and apply sound judgement to solve problems and make decisions.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Enthusiastic and committed to job responsibilities as well as the company’s missions and values.
QUALIFICATIONS include the following.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2+ years of previous office management experience handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of VOIP phone systems and capabilities, including the ability to troubleshoot system malfunctions. Experience with Mitel or similar system preferred.
- Must have PC experience in Windows environment, working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Web-enabled applications and database software and intermediate level experience with Excel.
- Knowledge of software and hardware functionality to facilitate problem solving preferred. Knowledge of database, data warehouse, and business intelligence solutions software preferred.
- Must have experience utilizing standard office equipment (printers, copiers, faxes, scanners, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Human Resources retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by the President or Human Resources will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Company Paid Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- 401K with a generous company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- 8 Company Paid Holidays + 1 Floating Holiday
- Tuition Assistance Program
TO JOIN OUR TEAM - APPLY TODAY!
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.