DPSI is currently seeking an experienced Fire Alarm Service Technician for the North Los Angeles, Burbank/Glendale area! Candidate must be client oriented, technically savvy, and an excellent communicator. The position requires the ability to supervise and assist with troubleshooting, repairs, and performing manufacturers and NFPA recommended scheduled maintenance on low-voltage fire alarm control circuits.
Diversified Protection Systems, Inc. (DPSI) is a recognized leader in providing design, installation, 24/7 service for fire protection systems. DPSI’s clientele are industry leaders in defense, finance, entertainment, healthcare and the internet industry.
- State Certified Fire/Life Safety Technician (or willing to obtain certification within 1 yr of employment)
- Basic Programming knowledge
- Familiar with NFPA requirements and ability to obtain information related to local jurisdiction requirements
- Minimum of four to six years experience
- Must have working knowledge of various fire suppression systems
- Ability to work with all panels from Kidde, Ansul, and some knowledge of Fike and other manufacturers
- Independent troubleshooting skills and ability to perform wet and dry PM services
- Able to perform independent on-call service.
- Able to listen attentively and communicate, in a clear and precise manner
- Able to find and utilize written material as required to support service efforts
- Able to evaluate systems and make clear and concise repair recommendations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple skills
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in confined and high spaces
- Must work Monday-Friday with mandatory on-call (paid), after-hour and weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese