Techniplas is a leading global design and manufacturing provider of engineered products and services that are helping to shape the future of mobility. Our 2,000 associates, around the world, are passionate about making the connected world. By continuously expanding the reach of our data enabled cognitive technologies into everything we do, we deliver personalized, performance-enhanced and sustainable mobility. For more information, please visit www.techniplas.com.
We are now recruiting for two separate intersnhips: Spring 2018 and Summer 2018
- Spring is Full-Time hours or Part-Time
- Summer is Full-Time Hours
Techniplas is committed to providing meaningful Internship educational opportunities to engineering students. These opportunities provide selected students in-depth learning experiences which apply academic concepts and ideas. Students are exposed to the real working world while learning from experienced professionals active in their fields and earning academic credit for their experiences. The Internship student would be responsible for developing, evaluating and improving manufacturing methods, processes and procedures.
What’s in the Internship….
- Develop, evaluate, improve and document manufacturing processes, with emphasis on standardized work.
- Work closely with manufacturing department to develop, coordinate and implement technical training for employees.
- Serves as a cross functional member of the New Product Development team, with a role to optimize the manufacturing process and foster a robust process and Bill of Manufacture.
- Develop and implement standard packaging requirements.
- Employ continuous improvement lean tools and lead teams to implement Kanban, SMED, VSM, Kaizen, 5S, etc. and Lean methods in numerous areas.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, process workflow, equipment layout and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environments.
- Analyze manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of quality and cost reduction.
- Estimates production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Collaborate with project engineering regarding product tooling and design to ensure effectual production methods.
- Confer with vendors in determining product, material and equipment specifications according to internal quality standards and specifications.
- Design and develop manufacturing processes that are consistent with zero defect level and low product cost.
- Provide engineering support in production department to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems related to manufacturing processes, equipment and tooling.
- Serves as a cross functional member for the APQP process to develop process flow, control plans, and PFMEA.
- Applies statistical methods including Design of Experiments to estimate future manufacturing requirements, improvements and potential. Employ problem solving techniques, such as 8D and other root cause analysis techniques.
- Provide support to the Automation and Manufacturing Engineers for the design, fabrication and commissioning of specialty equipment.
- Develop, evaluate and improve documentation for specialty equipment and processes, with the use of MS Office products and SolidWorks.
- Complete any special projects as assigned by supervisor/manager.
What you bring….
- Junior or Senior working towards Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively present information to top management, internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Intermediate Solidworks, CAD, or Pro E experience.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to grasp modern technology.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
Everything we do is based on the quality and dedication of the Techniplas team, and our team members are our biggest asset. We will continue to attract, retain, and energize the best and the brightest and invest in deepening their capabilities.
Techniplas provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Techniplas complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.