We are currently seeking a BUCKET OPERATOR to join our team.
Under the direct supervision of the Foreperson, a Bucket Operator:
- Plans, assigns, directs, checks, and coordinates work.
- Responsible for quality and quantity of production and for following safe practices and rules while clearing and trimming trees and brush away from utility lines.
- Must be familiar with the electrical hazard.
- Removes branches and tree material.
- Operates a Bucket near energized lines.
- Cleans up and disposes of all debris.
- Operates and services equipment, such as gasoline, hydraulic tools, power saws, power winches, bucket, chipper, and sprayers.
- Uses hand-tools, such as axes, hand-lines, saws, block and tackle, pruners, etc.
- Sprays brush and stumps, making proper and selective application of herbicides.
- Obtains written or oral permission from property owners to trim or remove trees or perform other work on property. Arranges with customer or property owner to obtain access, advises of interruption, explains work to be done, etc.
- Promotes and maintains good customer and public relations through the effective accomplishment of assigned work and the appropriate behavior of employees on the crew.
- Safeguards employees and the public from hazards in and around work area
- Cooperates with customers, police, and fire departments when blocking street or driveways.
- Sets up barriers, warning signs, flags, markers, etc. to protect employees and public.
- Performs tree and bucket rescue.
- Trains new personnel.
- Works in all temperatures and will be exposed to nature i.e., irritating plants and biting or stinging insects.
- Works near energized parts or equipment.
- Works in traffic.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, jackhammers, gas drills and other equipment with proper hearing protection.
- Possesses working knowledge and be able to identify tree and shrub species.
- Exposed to hazards of working near power equipment, traffic, high voltage wires, and falling limbs.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to verbally communicate with other crew members and fully understand instructions and information.
- Must be familiar with electrical hazards.
- Work demands physical energy, twisting, some lifting ability, and hand-to-eye coordination.
- Uses machines, tools, equipment, and work aides used include chainsaws, hydraulic tools, and hand tools as required.
- Must have transportation to and from the startup location.
- Must have a valid DL.
- Must pass a background and/or MVR check.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
|Stooping||X||Range of Motion||X|
|Kneeling||X||Hearing - Speech Range||X|
|Body Twisting||X||Color Vision||X|
|Sense of Touch||X||Carrying||X|
|Seeing Distant||X||Climbing Ladders||X|
|Climbing On/Off Truck||X||Climbing Stairs||X|
|Gripping||X||Lifting up to 10 lbs||X|
|Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs||X||Lifting up to 50 lbs||X|
|Rarely = less than 10%|
|Occasionally = up to 33%|
|Frequently = up to 66%|
|Continously = 67% to 100%|
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: