Part-Time Delivery Driver
POSITION SUMMARY: The Delivery Driver is responsible for driving to various wholesalers/job sites to deliver and pick up parts and paperwork. Occasionally driver will be required to help technicians on customer job sites.
- Shipping and pickups – delivery to and from job sites, customers, and supply sources – remove, haul, and dispose of debris from job sites.
- Pick up work orders and payments from technicians when making deliveries and return items to office.
- Must be able to work on several projects at once and be able to handle continuous interruptions, either from coworkers, customers, or phones.
- Maintain vehicles weekly – cleaning inside and out.
- Snow removal around the buildings walk areas
- Assist with new vehicle stock procedures
- Gain education in industry materials and products (learn how parts are used as well as common identification)
- Assist technicians on job sites as assigned by Manager
- Follows all safety rules and regulations.
- Phone calls are promptly answered.
- Performs any other duties and tasks as may be assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have high school degree or G.E.D. certificate at a minimum
- Must have sufficient mobility to stop, bend, reach for objects, crawl, and/or climb when necessary to reach and work on customer job sites when assisting technicians.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and/or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have a current valid Driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be able to talk and/or listen both on the phone and/or face-to-face.
- Must have good communication skills to interact with customers and coworkers.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Must have excellent eyesight and depth perception including color vision.
- Requires good sense of smell and hearing to detect odors and/or leaks, etc.
- Must be able to take and understand instructions both verbally and/or in writing.
- Must maintain neat appearance (company uniforms) and good hygiene.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.