Originally founded as a small construction company in 1949, Nabholz is now a team of more than 1,000 industry leading professionals working together to serve our clients, communities, and each other. Over the last 68 years, we've grown into a national multi-service contractor offering a full range of construction, industrial, civil, and environmental services.
We are proud to offer you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Care
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Dependent Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Recovery
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Direct Deposit
- Wellness Program with Incentives
Must be able to execute assigned electrical responsibilities encompassing general maintenance, preventive maintenance, construction, repair and installation of a wide variety of electrical systems. This position may also require multiple aspects of carpentry work required in the maintenance and construction of commercial buildings, churches, factories, office buildings, etc. Craftsman contribute to the responsibility for safety, client satisfaction, project quality, cost control/schedule adherence and working as a team with office and other craftsmen personnel.
- Execute assigned electrical responsibilities encompassing general maintenance, preventive maintenance, construction, repair and installation of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Design, install, repair, maintain and inspect electrical systems and equipment such as motors, fixtures, transformers, generators, wiring, switchboards, alarm systems, controllers, circuit breakers and high voltage transmission equipment
- Work from blueprints and specifications
- Make working drawings and single line power diagrams
- Locate and diagnose electrical malfunctions using various test instruments
- Plan layout in wiring of new or remodeled installations
- Make standard computations related to load requirements
- Design control wiring for equipment and draws schematics
- Follow up on construction work to ensure scheduled state and local inspection timetables are met and standards are maintained
- Record field wiring changes and modifications on blueprints for recording on master circuit diagrams
- Maintain shop equipment and tools
- Follow all Nabholz and job specific safety procedures
- Perform all miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- A complete understanding and working knowledge of the current National Electrical Code, National Fire Alarm Code, all State and local codes is required.
- Ability to understand, interpret and utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams and schematics is required.
- Ability to locate and diagnose electrical malfunctions using various test instruments.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience, typically attained through an apprenticeship program or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Ability to operate a variety of power tools, shop equipment, and electrical testing instruments required.
- Ability to perform duties normally associated with other trade areas, multiple aspects of carpentry work required in the maintenance and construction of commercial buildings, churches, factories, office buildings, buildings, etc., including, but not limited to:
- Erect or dismantle structures, repair or refinish walls or structures
- Install wood and/or metal parts
- Erect or dismantle roofing and/or siding
- Framing, drywall hanging and minor drywall finishing, etc.
- Painting, touch up or incidental painting after structure repairs
- Form, place and finish concrete
- Ceiling installation and repair
- Hang doors and install locks and hardware
- Cut, fit and weld structural and miscellaneous steel
- Ability to continuously sit, stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift
- Ability to lift and move equipment as necessary
- Ability to work outside
- Hot, Wet, Cold Environment
- High Elevations
- Job site, trailer, or office
AA/EOE. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled People Encouraged to Apply
Employment at Nabholz is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Nabholz is a drug-free workplace and an E-Verify employer. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, decisions to hire and promote are made without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other classification as proscribed by federal, state or local law.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese