Discovery Senior Living, a national award-winning developer, owner, and operator of senior living communities is currently searching for an exceptional team member to join our team at our community called **Intsert full community name**. Ranked as one of the top 20 largest senior living providers in the United States and the top 5 for growth in the world, Discovery is redefining senior living through innovation, leadership, and design. As a result the company currently has a flourishing portfolio of more than 6,500 homes with plans for continued growth.
Care Manager’s role includes providing hands on care, physical and emotional support to each resident while maintaining a safe and comfortable home-like environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Responsible for a designated group of residents during the shift; knows where their residents are and physically checks on them throughout the shift.
- Observes, reports and documents symptoms and conditions of residents for changes in condition such as skin, behavior, alertness, weight, dietary and participation in activities.
- Responds to security system and resident call bells promptly.
- Notifies supervisor and/or Health Care Coordinator if a resident has increased care needs.
- Assists with continence management and disposes of all continence products properly to ensure sanitation of resident suite and community restrooms.
- Serves and collects food trays and assists as needed; reports refusal of meals or loss of appetite.
- Maintains cleanliness of resident’s room and work areas.
- Practices good standard care precautions of cleanliness, hygiene, and health.
- Helps residents maintain independence, promotes dignity and physical safety of each resident.
- Actively participates/leads and assists residents with activities of daily living (i.e. bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, ambulation, transferring, eating) as instructed.
- Engages residents in life skills and other life enrichment activities.
- Greets and assists all internal and external customers, guests, family members, residents, vendors and team members.
- Does resident laundry as assigned and needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- Certified Nurse’s Aid certification preferred.
- High School diploma/GED
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Previous experience working with seniors preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Language Ability:
- Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write in required logs and routine correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add and subtract whole numbers.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Interacts with guests, residents, and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Responds promptly to resident needs.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to make choices, decisions and act in the resident’s best interest.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Competent in organizational and time management skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Works primarily indoors in a climate controlled setting.
- Team Members may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases.
- Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand and walk. The Team Member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Members must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds independently and up to 200 pounds with assistance of a second employee. Must be able to push up to 350 lb. (wheelchair). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Thank you for your interest in employment with Discovery Senior Living. We are an equal opportunity employer and give employment and promotional consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class as defined by local, state, or federal law. We seek applicants for employment who are qualified, dedicated, hardworking, and who seek fulfilling employment. In return, Discovery Senior Living offers competitive income, benefits and an excellent working environment.
If you are selected for employment with Discovery Senior Living, you will also be hired simultaneously by Aureon HR, as you co-employer. Discovery Senior Living is your employer for the purposes of managing the day-to-day operations of the company and the employees. This includes responsibility for the worksite, scheduling of work, safety, and the direction of the individual team members in their positions. Aureon HR is the co-employer for managing the administrative portion of employment, such as benefits, payroll, and workers’ compensation insurance.
Applicants are subject to a background check. Employment is conditional based upon the results of the background check.
Applications are active for 30 days, but remain on file for one year.