Founded in 1960 and headquartered in beautiful Fort Myers, FL. B and I Contractors, Inc. specializes in HVAC, Plumbing, Service, Electrical, Pipe-fitting and Welding, and Sheet Metal. We are an employee owned company that has earned a solid reputation for excellence. B and I Contractors, Inc. is among one of the elite Specialty Mechanical Contractor companies in Florida; capable of handling large, multifaceted projects and more.
Role Summary: Perform maintenance, service and repair of commercial air conditioning equipment including but not limited to air handlers, air cooled chillers, water cooled chillers, cooling towers, pumps, packaged rooftop, fans, and boilers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine maintenance on all types of mechanical equipment including filter replacements, belt replacements, greasing, and performance evaluations including recording all temperatures, pressures, sub-cooling and superheat.
- Trouble shoot, service and repair as needed all types of mechanical equipment.
- Be able to clearly and professionally communicate to customers any issues that are discovered during maintenance procedures and or repairs that may be required.
- Be able to communicate to the office any additional work that may be required or will require a follow up proposal.
- Be able to give direction and oversee the actions of an apprentice if under your direct supervision.
- Have the ability to adjust schedules and project timing to best fit the needs of the company and our customers.
- Perform all of the required duties while adhering to the company safety policies and regulations.
- Overtime and being on call are a required.
- Keep yourself abreast of new technology as they emerge.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
Have a solid understanding of air conditioning, heating and HVAC systems with a two (2) year Technical College Degree or equivalent Trade School Diploma. Two years min field experience. Be competent in the proper installation and service practices for duct systems, DX piping systems, chilled water piping systems, thermal storage systems and building automation systems. Pass entrance exam with 80% score or higher.
Additional Company Information
This a full time position with benefits package offerings including employee stock ownership, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays and 401(k). EOE
We are committed to diversity. B & I Contractors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Visit our website at www.bandiflorida.com or email us your resume at Careers@bandiflorida.com or apply online using the application process on our site.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English