Discovery Senior Living, a national award-winning developer, owner, and operator of senior living communities is currently searching for an exceptional team member to join our team at our community called **Insert full community name here**. Ranked as one of the top 20 largest senior living providers in the United States and the top 5 for growth in the world, Discovery is redefining senior living through innovation, leadership, and design. As a result the company currently has a flourishing portfolio of more than 6,500 homes with plans for continued growth.
Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to Residents in the Assisted Living community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Evaluates Resident to determine medical problem/condition and documents in medical record. Obtains and records patient's vital signs and weight. Notifies physicians.
- Assists physician with patient examination as needed.
- Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient.
- Documents services performed.
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to physician, supervisor, etc.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and in accordance with Assisted Living facility regulations. Notes time and amount on patients' charts. Knowledgeable of common action, usual dosage, and side effects.
- Collects samples for laboratory such as urine and sputum from patients. Performs routine tests on samples such as glucometer tests.
- Verifies doctor ordered diet. Notifies food services.
- Monitors weight and notifies doctor.
- Bathes, dresses, and assists patients in walking, transferring and turning as needed.
- Cleans rooms, makes beds, and answers residents' calls as needed.
- Follows up with patients, family and/or physician offices on lab results, including the scheduling of any additional tests.
- Coordinates referrals/appointments for patients and physician offices.
- May need to respond as appropriate to personal calls from the Independent Living Center. Duties in this setting may include but are not limited to providing First Aid, call emergency personnel (dial 911), and/or call family members at request of Independent Living residents.
- Communicates to the Doctor significant resident changes or problems.
- Responsible for department supervision in the absence of the Registered Nurse and/or Health Care Coordinator.
- Responsible for assigning, scheduling nursing department services during off hours, weekends and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Provides supervision to Certified Nursing Assistants and others as assigned to assure delivery of consistently high quality care to residents. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- One to two years related experience and/or education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licensed Practical Nurse license in good standing with applicable state.
- CPR certification – NAPNES certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Language Ability:
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Team Members of organization.
- Able to verbalize effectively with physicians, residents, team members, or others.
- Ability to communicate via pager system, Life Line system, telephone and cell phone.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills:
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows. Ability to use email and the Internet.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Responds promptly to resident and visitor needs and assistance.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Works primarily indoors in a climate controlled setting.
- Team Members may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases.
- Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds independently and up to 200 pounds with assistance of a second employee. Must be able to push up to 350 lb. (wheelchair). The employee may occasionally be required to lift greater than 190 pounds with the assistance of additional staff and/or a mechanical lift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
Thank you for your interest in employment with Discovery Senior Living. We are an equal opportunity employer and give employment and promotional consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class as defined by local, state, or federal law. We seek applicants for employment who are qualified, dedicated, hardworking, and who seek fulfilling employment. In return, Discovery Senior Living offers competitive income, benefits and an excellent working environment.
If you are selected for employment with Discovery Senior Living, you will also be hired simultaneously by Aureon HR, as you co-employer. Discovery Senior Living is your employer for the purposes of managing the day-to-day operations of the company and the employees. This includes responsibility for the worksite, scheduling of work, safety, and the direction of the individual team members in their positions. Aureon HR is the co-employer for managing the administrative portion of employment, such as benefits, payroll, and workers’ compensation insurance.
Applicants are subject to a background check. Employment is conditional based upon the results of the background check.
Applications are active for 30 days, but remain on file for one year.