Commercial HVAC Service Technicians will work with numerous system parts and mechanisms, to maintain, diagnose and correct HVAC system problems. This includes replacing parts and adjusting system controls for better performance by using special tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Provides preventive maintenance on heating, cooling, humidification & de-humidification equipment.
- Troubleshoots units that are not working and replaces parts that are defective.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Understanding and troubleshooting knowledge of the following:
- Air handlers
- Air Conditioners
- Heat Pumps
- Water Pumps
- Digital Controls
- Build strong customer relationships and build knowledge and understanding of new and existing customer needs/expectations
- Minimum 3 yrs experience specific to the commercial HVAC industry
- Knowledge of the theory, methods, practices, tools, and equipment of the trade.
- Universal EPA Certified.
- Comfortable working on equipment rated from 5,000btu to 100 tons powered by gas, electric, oil or geothermal.
- Able to work Monday through Friday working 8 hours per day 40 hours per week.
- Able to participate in an on-call rotation.
- Knowledge of the operating principles and characteristics of the various types of refrigeration, pneumatic/ddc control, and air conditioning systems.
- Knowledge of basic electricity and control systems.
- Ability to apply the theory, technique, principles, and processes of the HVAC mechanic's trade.
- Ability to read, understand, and work from blueprints, specifications, and schematics.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, or stand, lift and move heavy objects.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Trade school education is preferred.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.