The Heavy Equipment Operator will operate a Dozer.
- Follow all required company and general safety rules, policies and guidelines
- Perform excavation of lime, flex base and general sub-grade operations
- The above listed duties may require long periods of sitting, walking, and standing.
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this position. The job summary is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
Required Skills & Experience
- Physical ability to perform assigned tasks
- Physical ability to walk on uneven terrain
- Must be able to climb equipment’s ladder to reach the operators seat
- General operator skills
- Basic knowledge of operating CAT Motor Grader
- Previous experience with grade control systems preferred, must be willing to learn
- Other heavy equipment experience preferred: excavator, backhoe, loader, dozer, etc.
- Knowledge of finishing roadways
- Valid driver license
- At least 4 years of previous heavy equipment experience
Zachry stands on a rich tradition of creativity, stability, innovation and experience in the construction industry. Fully understanding that Zachry’s employees are the heart of our success, we foster a dynamic work environment by providing development opportunities such as training, education, and career advancement. We believe people are our greatest asset and offer a variety of training and development opportunities to promote excellence and facilitate career advancement.
Zachry offers an industry leading benefits package for our employees and their families.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- and many more
Zachry Construction Corporation performs heavy civil and building work throughout the United States and relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English