Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
Timmons Group is currently seeking an experienced Civil CAD Technician for our Elizabeth City, NC office.
Under the general direction of engineers and other technical staff, this teammate will apply learned skills and technical ability to prepare detailed construction drawings, topographical profiles, and related maps and specifications used in planning and construction of civil or other engineering projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Reviews rough sketches, drawings, specifications and other engineering data received from engineering staff.
- Interprets engineering data in order to effectively and efficiently complete assigned tasks.
- Completed detailed drawings from sketches, plans, specifications and written/verbal instructions using computer-aided drafting programs.
- Develops detailed drawings of structures and installations such as buildings, roads, culverts, fresh water supply, sewage disposal systems and dikes.
- On occasion, accompanies survey crew in field to locate grading markers or to collect data required for revision of construction drawings.
- Works cooperatively with other CADD technicians and/or engineers to complete assigned work.
- Proactively seeks input and clarification from other employees assigned to given project in order to minimize time spent in performing the essential duties of the position.
- Check assigned work to ensure accuracy and quality.
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- An Associates degree a plus.
- 5+ years of CADD/Civil 3D experience required.
- Expert level performance in AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Microstation experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, facilitation and organizational skills
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.