Production Planner will be responsible for analyzing material requirements by determining the quantity and date materials are needed to support customer order want dates. Responsible for planning (dating the order), purchasing, and managing inventory levels to ensure that appropriate amounts of materials are planned to ensure customer OTD is met. Familiar with a variety of planning concepts, practices and procedures.
The person in this position will interface directly with customer service, engineering, production management, quality, purchasing, finance and shipping and receiving. The person in this role will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish a variety of tasks and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Plan production materials using MRP system and other tools
- Track bill of material components to ensure timely release of production orders
- Review and resolve shop floor concerns and requests
- Set up schedules, prioritized based on delivery expectations and material availability
- Owner of OTD for assigned areas
- Act as Customer Service to all internal buyers, reviewing expedite requests and availability dates, and communicating professionally and in a timely manner.
DETAILS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of standards, policies and procedures regarding the department.
- Regularly provides feedback on the soundness and effectiveness of the department’s policies and procedures.
- Facilitates the collection of information in order to monitor business trends and opportunities.
- Adheres to all corporate policies, guidelines and statutory requirements and recommends to senior management adoption and/or changes to policies and guidelines to reflect circumstances within the customer service area.
- Works with the organization’s other teams to resolve problems, facilitate solutions
- Provides back-up support to other team members in the performance of job duties as required.
- Supports/participates in the organization’s Continuous Improvement Program.
- Attends regular department meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of production planning or manufacturing experience
- MRP system experience preferred
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written); ability to relate technical topics to non-technical people
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously, be able to juggle many projects simultaneously, and have excellent communication skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Adept with Microsoft Office Applications
- Medical, Dental, Life, AD&D, and STD at first of month following 59 days
- 10 paid Holidays + 5 days paid vacation + 5 unpaid days off during first year
- Matching 401(k) retirement contribution first of next quarter following 1 year of employment
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English