- Moline, IL 61265
- Davenport, IA 52807
- Rock Island, IL 61201
Company Name: LAMCO
Job Title: Metal Fabricator
Location: Moline, IL
Since 1971, LAMCO Slings & Rigging, Inc has been on the forefront of innovation in the lifting industry. LAMCO is the expert in designing and supplying comprehensive lifting solutions by EVALUATING your specific applications and CREATING a finished product that utilizes either standard or custom designed and manufactured products. LAMCO partners with you in EDUCATING your workforce and MAINTAINING your lifting solution by means of inspection and repair. This combined effort provides a safer and more cost effective solution to your specific lifting needs. CONCEPT to COMPLETION, CREATING to TRAINING, LAMCO IS YOUR LIFTING PARTNER.
This position is a position that requires training and a willingness to learn the correct and safe methods of manufacturing overhead lifting devices and other product processing as
required. The overall responsibility of this position is to fabricate and/or assemble overhead
lifting and material handling devices as requested. All duties are to be performed with the goals of outstanding customer service and product quality (Zero Defect) in mind. All duties are to be performed while working safely and wearing the required personal protective equipment.
Listed below are the primary job duties required.
- Blue Print Reading - Read and interpret blue print and Auto-cad drawings for the assembly of metal lifting devices. Must be able transfer blue print information into machine setup and product production
- Metal Working Machine Operation - Requires lifting up to 50 lbs. Set up and operation of various metal forming and cutting machines. Including steel saw, horizontal boring machine, drill press, MIG and arc welders, gas torches and overhead crane and hoist. Must be willing to become certified in forklift operation if not already certified.
- Assembly of Fabricated Devices - Includes the fabrication of components and finished products, from layout to build to finish, in accordance to blue prints. Hot and cold metal forming processes are required. Must be willing to become certified in welding if not already certified.
- Proof Testing - Pull test assembled products and prototypes as required by industry standards. This requires the use of proof testing equipment with a capacity of 150,000 lbs.
- Maintenance - Maintain machinery and work area in proper operating condition. This requires the use of hand tools and some mechanical
- Housekeeping - Maintain work area in a clean and safe manner as directed to provide a safe workplace for all
- Team Work and Customer Service - This includes all other duties as assigned to insure a smooth running organization & outstanding customer service.
Education Requirements: High School Graduate + 5 years experience in metal working area.
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
MRA is a not-for-profit employers association serving over 4,000 companies throughout the upper Midwest. We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English